Graduate School Financing
The question of graduate school financing is one that needs careful consideration. Here are a few places to start when searching for financial help with graduate school.
Internet Resources for Locating Funding
View fellowship and scholarship listings received by the Career and Internship Center
Note: Many graduate schools offer fellowships, assistantships, and scholarships that help cover the cost of tuition. Contact your graduate program to determine financial aid opportunities specific to their students.
Graduate School Test Preparation
Graduate school admission testing is required by many schools. Preparing for these tests is critical!
The Career and Internship Center has many resources available to assist you as you prepare to take required graduate school tests. information and registration forms on the GRE, LSAT, GMAT, MCAT, and TOEFL tests are maintained in the Career Development office. Contact the staff in Career Development and visit the Career Development Resource Center for assistance.
Main information sites for graduate school testing
- GRE - Graduate Record Examination
- LSAT - Law School Admissions Test
- GMAT - Graduate Management Admissions Test
- MCAT - Medical College Admissions Test
- TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language
Study programs available for purchase
- The Princeton Review - test preparation in GRE, LSAT, GMAT, MCAT and more
- Peterson's - testing preparation, test dates, and resources for the GRE
- Kaplan - test preparation in GRE, LSAT, GMAT, MCAT
- ETS (Educational Testing Service) - GRE and TOEFL test preparation
Free resources on graduate school testing
- GradView.com - assistance in determining which test you will need to take, tips on the tests, and a wide range of resources
- GRE review course - review course and practice test questions for the GRE
This page contains links to web sites that are not under the control of Albion College or the Career and Internship Center. We are not responsible for the contents of any linked site. The Career and Internship Center provides these links merely as a courtesy. The data contained in this web site is for informational purposes only and is not represented to be error free.
Tips on Writing a Personal Statement
There are many resources on the Internet to assist you in writing a personal statement for graduate school. No one resource is helpful to everyone and you are encouraged to read several as you start the writing process.
Following are some resources published on the web.
While the above articles can provide insight into writing personal statements, there is no substitute for speaking with people at Albion College. The faculty in your area of study has been through this process and can assist you with questions. In addition, the Career and Internship Center is available to you for individual assistance as you start the process.