Albion College Theatre Scholarships are intended to support a well-rounded study of theatre for talented and qualified students. Scholarships are granted on the basis of perceived ability and promise.
For Theatre: All applicants will be considered who demonstrate the requisite talent and potential for development in any area of theatre study: in acting, in directing, in costume, scenic, lighting, or sound design, in publicity, or in management.
After acceptance by Albion College, a candidate should submit an application for the Theatre Activity Scholarship. Applications for the Theatre Activity Scholarships will be screened as they are received. After screening, qualified candidates will be invited to an audition/interview arranged with the Theatre Program.
The Theatre Interview/audition candidates will:
- already have submitted a department-supplied application form;
- have an interview with at least one department faculty member;
- perform a prepared audition (five minutes total; dramatic monologues and/or song and dance; contrasting material)
- perform some additional material 'cold';
- and/or submit a portfolio of stage management and stage design work where applicable.