Tuesday, December 1, 2015 - Save the Date!
We have a day to give thanks, and we have two days to get deals. Now let's have a day dedicated to giving back.
We as a society for many years only think of Black Friday or Cyber Monday after Thanksgiving, but now we can kick off the holiday season of giving back right away. That's the purpose of Giving Tuesday — the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
Support Albion on Giving Tuesday
Whether or not you've given to Albion in the past, already given this fiscal year, or just haven't had a chance to make your gift yet, why not give $5 more this year in support of Giving Tuesday? You can be a part of the national cause for giving back by making a gift to Albion College.
Every gift, no matter the size or designation, makes an impact on our current and future students' education experience. Follow in our students' footsteps of giving back throughout the year and help support their future!
Watch the video to see how Albion students give back.
How to Give Back
You can make a gift to any designation. If you're not sure where to give, consider a gift to the Albion College Fund or Briton Scholarship Funds where these monies are put to work immediately where the need is greatest. Or give a gift to a specific department, program, or team that is meaningful to you.
Check out our Albion College Facebook and Twitter accounts for more updates, and join the conversation with the hashtag #britsgive and #givingtuesday. For questions contact Maria Carr, associate director of annual giving, at
Giving Tuesday 2014 was a Success!
Thank you to the alumni, parents, friends, faculty and staff who helped Albion College reach—and surpass—both its goals!
Read more about our 2014 success story
Campus Beautification Fund
A positive first impression is important, and we pride ourselves on the look and feel of our campus. You can join us in our campus beautification efforts!
Help us close out the most successful fundraising year in the past decade by showing our campus a little love with a high-impact, low-cost investment. Support one of the campus beautification initiatives below! As a way of saying thanks, we will send you a packet of flower seeds to brighten up your garden at home. Support one of the campus beautification initiatives below!
What is Philanthropy Week?
Philanthropy Week is the point at which a student’s tuition “runs out” and gifts from alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff, and other individuals begin.
Why is it so important?
Without the support of generous gifts to Albion College, Albion would not have all the resources we have today. Tuition only covers about 80% of a student’s education; the other 20% comes from gifts.
What does Philanthropy Week do?
Philanthropy Week raises awareness of our generous supporters and educates current students about why giving back is important. Students have the opportunity to learn about what gifts to the College benefit, write a few thank-you notes to College donors, and just enjoy a fun week to show some purple and gold pride!
Schedule of Events
The week of March 23-27 is Annual Giving’s Philanthropy Week (the new Tuition Free Day). We will be holding activities in the Kellogg Center Living Room daily from 12-2 p.m.
Monday, March 23
Kick Off Day
Celebrate Founder’s Day by eating cake cut by President Mauri, as well as playing games and getting give-aways.
Tuesday, March 24
Why I Support Albion
Stop by the Kellogg Center Living Room and take some pictures with a "Support Albion" frame.
Wednesday, March 25
Impact of Donations
Learn more about Albion's philanthropy and guess how many donors gave to Albion last year!
Thursday, March 26
Thank You Day
Stop by to write some thank you notes to show our gratitude to those who give.
Friday, March 27
Eat some free pizza and listen to Euphonics perform at 12:50!
Leading up to Philanthropy Week, Albion held its first photo contest with the various "price tags" around campus. Each price tag displays how campus buildings came to be and illustrates the private support that provides these opportunities.
During Philanthropy Week, students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni gathered to enjoy pizza and cake while having a chance to spin the Wheel of Wisdom, search for words in our tuition- related word search, and write thank- you notes with the help of the Student Alumni Association.
Pictures of Philanthropy Week
Campus Beautification: Landscaping
Landscaping (Total Goal: $7,500)
Landscaping is an important part of creating the overall ambiance of our campus. As visitors and prospective students walk around, we want them to feel like they're at home, and to remember that feeling long after they've left.
We've identified three key landscaping areas of focus for this year's campus beautification initiative.
- Hannah Street Boulevard annuals
- Annuals around campus
Brighten up our campus by making a landscaping donation today!
Browse our other projects