I understand that by virtue of my employment at Albion College that I may have access to records which contain individually identifiable information, the disclosure of which is prohibited by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. I acknowledge that I fully understand that the intentional disclosure by me of this information to any unauthorized person could subject me to criminal and civil penalties imposed by law. I further acknowledge that such willful or unauthorized disclosure also violates Albion’s policy and could constitute just cause for disciplinary action and termination of employment regardless of whether criminal or civil penalties are imposed.
Disclosure of Directory Information:
Albion College, in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, has designated the following items as Directory Information:
- Location and Permanent Address,
- Computer Email Address,
- Local Phone Numbers,
- Name of Parent(s)/Guardian(s),
- Dates of Enrollment,
- Degrees Earned and Date Awarded,
- Major, Minor, and Concentration,
- Sports and Activities, including height and weight of members of athletic teams.
Albion College may disclose any of the above listed items without the student’s prior written consent, unless the Academic Skills Center is notified in writing by the student to the contrary.
All other student academic information is considered confidential and will not be released without the student’s written permission unless in compliance with current federal regulations.
If you acknowledge that you have read and understand the above Disclosure of Directory Information statement and are obligated to comply with this statement and the College policy, then
to verify your acknowledgement. Note: receipt of this acknowledgement is a condition of employment.
for an appointment, or stop in during our open hours; you could also use the Contact Us form.
Writing Center Hours
309 Mudd (upstairs in Library)
The Writing Center is a teaching and learning workplace (not a "fix-it" shop or an editing service). We provide both appointment and drop-in writing consulting.
Long-term, the Writing Center's mission is to help students become independent learners and writers, building their confidence and helping them develop writing tools for learning on their own.
- Ask writers for clarification (e.g., What would you like help with today? What's your assignment? What's your thesis?)
- Pinpoint locations where examples, details, and support would strengthen and focus an argument or narrative, or where citation information is needed, etc.
- Challenge you to re-think, revise, and rejoice in your writing!