Just One More Photo Contest
Albion College, we want to see how active you are.
For the spring 2014 semester, we're sponsoring a photo contest featuring you, your friends, and what you do for fun on and off campus. It's a way to show the "Just One More" spirit at Albion.
Take a photo of you and your friends in the stands at an athletic game, singing along at the Big Show, or making faces during Day of Woden. We have some specific photo contests going on around big events this semester, but there's also an all-event category going on through Commencement. So snap away and submit!
Now for the nitty-gritty.
Categories, Deadlines and Prizes
Each big event on campus has a deadline and prize for the photo contest. There's also the Just One More Event photo contest, which can be from any event this semester (Day of Woden, Elkin Isaac, Anchor Splash, etc.).
- Spring Break: Where did you go? What did you do? Show us! Deadline is March 17. Prize is a pair of Albion sandals.
- Greek Week: With so much going on this week, let's see great tug-of-war photos, or costume pictures from Mock Rock. Deadline is April 14. Prize is either (a) an Albion t-shirt or (b) a t-shirt with your Greek letters.
- Big Show: Who will it be? How close are you to the stage? Deadline is April 16. Prize is an Albion coffee mug
- Exams: Show yourself studying in the library, pulling an all-nighter, or your relaxation techniques during finals week. Deadline is May 7. Prize is a free beverage from Read Between the Grinds.
- Commencement: Best wishes, seniors! Show your cap and gown, your place in the faculty gauntlet, or your diploma. Deadline is May 12. Prize is an Albion alumni sweatshirt.
- Just One More Event: Anything and everything showing events at Albion College. Deadline is May 9. Prize is your choice of any piece of apparel at the Albion College Bookstore.
Each photo submission will be judged on creativity and displaying the spirit of the event. One winner for each category will be chosen two days after the deadline, and will be announced on the College's Facebook Page and Twitter account.
Rules for Entry
- Photo submissions only accepted from current Albion students.
- Photos must be from an Albion-sponsored organization, club, athletic, academic, or Union Board event -- except for the spring break category.
- Be sure to include a caption, with the event name and people (as best you can) in the photo.
- Steer clear of nudity, alcohol, or illegal or lewd activities in your photos.
- Make them fun and creative.
Submitting a Photo
Submit your photo in the following ways:
- Using the submission form below (coming soon).
- Tweeting or Instagramming your photo using the hashtag #beingbriton.
- Posting your photo on the College's Facebook wall.
By submitting a photo for the contest, you agree that:
- Your photo can be used by the Albion College marketing department in social media, on the albion.edu website, and in any printed pieces developed by the College.
- Your photo can be repurposed on other social media platforms, including Pinterest, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.
- Submitting a photo does not guarantee a prize, or any compensation, by the College.
Okay with all that? Then submit your photo below!