Institute for Healthcare Professions
Criteria for Graduating as a Member in
In order to graduate as a member in good standing of the Institute for Healthcare Professions, you must complete the following requirements:
- HCI 101, Introduction to Healthcare (first year)
- HCI 201, Issues in Healthcare (second year)
- Documented Experiential Learning Project (DELP, minimum of 40 hours)
- Evidence of community service (10 hours per semester)
- Cumulative GPA = 3.0
If you did not take HCI 101 during your first year at Albion, you must complete two 40-hour documented experiential learning projects or one 80-hour project.
Criteria for Graduating with Distinction
In addition to the above requirements, you must also meet additional criteria.
- Actively participate in Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED), the Health Preprofessional Honor Society, or other Institute Initiatives.
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 and a science GPA of 3.2.
To satisfy this Institute requirement, your 40-hour DELP must take place in a healthcare setting. This project can involve any one of the following:
- Job shadowing
- Research on a healthcare topic
Please note there will be additional requirements for students who are doing a practicum/internship for academic credit.