A. Cost of Programs
- Tuition for semester and year-long programs usually does not exceed what a student pays for regular tuition on campus. However, when costs exceed those of Albion College regular fees, students are required to pay the difference.
- Off-campus program room and / or board charges are passed directly to the student and assessed on his/her account. (Note: Fees for most summer programs are higher than Albion's and students are charged the higher amount). Students are billed through Albion College ACIS account and must pay the full amount due prior to the start of their off-campus program.
- Costs for transportation to and from an off-campus study program are the responsibility of the student.
- The Accounting Office posts the bills earlier than the regular college billing time. And payment is expected earlier than the regular payment schedule times. You cannot leave for your program until your bill is paid to Albion College. The Accounting Office sets the exact dates. This earlier payment schedule enables the college to meet the billing deadlines set by the off-campus programs.
- Please note that it is not possible to use the Deferred fee agreements or Academic Management Services for off-campus programs.
- Currency conversion on international invoices may cause additional program cost.
- Finally, any units over 4.5 may cause additional cost.
B. Financial Aid
Students participating in an Albion-approved off-campus program may use 75% of their Albion base-level merit scholarship and 100% of need-based financial aid to study off campus during fall and/or spring semesters. Financial aid is not available for summer programs. Albion does not award scholarships for summer off-campus study.
It is the responsibility of the student to discuss the particulars of their aid package for an off-campus program with the Financial Aid Office. Scholarship recipients must take a full-time class load, 3.0-4.5 units, while on their off-campus study program. Albion College scholarship and/or grant awards may not exceed the charges billed to the college for off-campus programs.
C. The Off-Campus Administrative Fee
Every student who participates in an off-campus program-- whether for a summer program, one semester, or for the academic year-- is billed an off-campus program administrative fee of at least $1,070 per program, which is added to Albion's regular fees.
D. The Off-Campus Programs Advance Deposit
A $250 deposit is due at the time of the Off-Campus Programs Orientation. This deposit is credited to the student's account. It can be paid to the Accounting Office or the CIE Office. Checks should be made payable to Albion College and include "OCP Deposit" and student ID number in the memo line.
E. Refund Policy
In the event an off-campus program closes or a student withdraws from a program, the refund policy of the program itself will come into effect. While the CIE and the Accounting office will make every effort to recover funds paid to the program by the College or by the student, any losses incurred by the College may be passed along to the student. The Albion College Off-Campus Programs administrative fee ($1,070) is non refundable unless the student cannot go on the program due to circumstances beyond the student's control. Such circumstances might include denial of admission by the program, closure of the program, or a significant altering of the program structure or policies.
F. Off-Campus Grants
Off-Campus Program Grants of up to $1,500 are awarded to students demonstrating financial need. Applications for these competitive awards are also weighted by other factors such as program location (international or domestic), whether off-campus study is a requirement of a student's major, grade point average, and the quality of the essay. To apply for an OCP Grant, students complete an application and write an essay. Check with the CIE Office for application deadlines.