Welcome to the Center for International Education and Off-Campus Programs
Our Classroom Is the World
The Center for International Education and Off-Campus Programs Office helps Albion College students engage in study abroad and academic internships, both domestic and abroad. We are the primary office for international student programming and orientation. Our director, Dr. Debra Peterson, is the Designated School Official (DSO) for international students after their arrival on campus. Our office also has the only English as a Second Language (ESL) coordinator/faculty on campus.
The mission of the Center for International Education (CIE) is to promote intercultural communication and exchange, cross-cultural understanding, and transnational competence between the people of Albion College and the global community.
Goals for accomplishing this mission include a commitment to:
- Provide and support high quality academic off-campus learning opportunities.
- Serve the academic, personal, and immigration needs of our international students.
- Encourage an appreciation of cultural diversity, on and off campus.
- Support campus initiatives to lead the Albion College community toward a global perspective.
- Provide friendly, efficient, and personal service with cultural sensitivity.
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - noon and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Campus Address and Contact
Vulgamore Hall, Suite 306