Academic Skills Center
Everything you need to stay on track.
The Academic Skills Center (ASC) supports Albion College students in a variety of academic areas. Located in the Mudd Learning Center, the ASC includes the Learning Support Center, Disability Services, the Quantitative Studies Center, and the Writing Center.
Learning Support Center
The Learning Support Center provides services designed to help all Albion students improve their academic performance.
For all students, we provide:
- Analysis of individual learning styles
- Recommendations for study and learning approaches that best suit each student's needs
- The Semester Planning Calendar for Fall 2013
- Support with organization, planning your time and study skills
- Tutors and academic coaches in all subject areas
For students with disabilities, we provide:
- Accommodations for classroom lectures and exams
- Auxiliary services including readers, textbooks on audio tape, course lectures and academic coaching
Quantitative Studies Center
The Quantitative Studies Center assists all students with services that focus on topics related to mathematics, economics, and the sciences.
The Writing Center supports the entire college community. Peer consultants work one-on-one with student writers at every stage of the writing process—from initial brainstorming to writing drafts, and from organizing ideas to final editing. Writing Center consultants support writers by responding to writing in process, not by proofreading, editing, or writing students' papers. The goal is to help students from all academic departments, class standings, and writing abilities become better writers.