Potential Career Paths
The FACC Scholarship Program
The French-American Chamber of Commerce, Michigan Chapter, believes that college and university students in business studies and French language studies provide the foundation for the future growth of French-American business relations.
The purpose of the FACC scholarship program is to assist college and university students in Michigan who study business or business related courses and French language studies and who plan to combine French and business in their future career plans. Their scholarships range from $1,500 and up, based on merit, need, and the career goals of the student. Read more about the FACC scholarship program.
“What can I do with a French degree? Teach?”
This is what often comes to mind when thinking about how useful learning French is for your career.
At Albion College some of our majors have gone on to be teachers in high school, at the International Academy in Bloomfield Hills for example, or at the university level, such as at Minnesota State University. But most of our majors and minors have done other things. And they are wide-ranging: Some majors, after studying French, have worked at a Club Med, at a youth hostel, and went on to law school to study equine law.
Most of our majors and minors combine the study of language and culture with other fields they have worked in, and have pursured career opportunities in the following areas:
- Fulbright in teaching in Rwanda
- Small business owner (bakery, online clothing store)
- Women’s shelter
- Teaching Assistant Program in France, sponsored by the French government
- Teaching English (in Japan, Korea, France)
- French tutor and physical therapist
- Travel agent
- French Consumer Service for Proctor and Gamble
- US Immigration Services
- Au pair (France, Luxembourg)
- International recruiter in college admissions
- Internship at Office of UN Political Affairs of the Bureau of International Organizations
- Health and Government Sector Assistant at the DAI in Washington, D.C.
- Texas Campaign for the Environment
- Law School (equestrian, international, corporate, government)
- Peace Corps
- Web design
- Michigan Department of Education
- Event and festival planning
- Staff of French company
- United States Department of State
- Grad School:
- French (Notre Dame, Cincinnati, CUNY, Louisiana State, Wisconsin, Emory, Michigan State, Bowling Green)
- Communications at the American University in Paris
- Sustainable Agriculture and Local Food Hubs at Michigan State University
- Intercultural Communications program at American University
- International Development at Monterrey Institute
- Anthropology of Food at The Ohio State University
- Social Work at University of Michigan
- City planner
- U.S. Senate staffer
- Library science
- Airline reservations
Do you have questions about studying French and potential career paths? Please contact us!