Full-time administrative employees.
ACESPA members should refer to their Union Agreement
Regular full-time employees will normally receive twelve (12) days of paid vacation during their first five fiscal years of employment, fifteen (15) days during the sixth through tenth years, eighteen (18) days during the eleventh through fifteenth years, and twenty (20) days after fifteen years. Employees may receive credit for prior work experience with the approval of the President or Executive Vice President.
Vacation time will be prorated for employees who work less than twelve (12) months in a fiscal year or less than eight (8) hours per day.
The total amount of vacation to which an employee is allocated for a fiscal year is received in advance at the beginning of each fiscal year and must be used by the end of the fiscal year.
Vacations may not be taken in increments of less than one-half (1/2) day.
An employee's supervisor will determine when vacations may be taken, and may allow the employee to use vacation time as soon as it is received.
An employee who leaves the College, and then returns to work within five (5) years, may receive credit for prior employment with the College.
Employees hired prior to January 1, 1986 will continue to receive the number of vacation days they were entitled to under the old policy.
Employees will receive one (1) day of paid vacation for each month worked during the first five fiscal years, one and one-quarter (1 1/4) days for each month worked during the sixth through tenth years, one and one-half (1 1/2) days for each month worked during the eleventh through fifteenth years, and one and two-thirds (1 2/3) days for each month worked after the fifteenth year (rounded to the nearest one-half day).
- A twelve-month employee who began work on April 16 would receive two and one-half (2 1/2) days of vacation the first fiscal year (two and one-half months), and twelve (12) days each year for each of the following four years.
- A nine-month employee who began work August 25 would receive nine (9) days for each of the first five years, eleven and one-half (11 1/2) days for the sixth through tenth years, thirteen and one-half (13 1/2) days for the eleventh through fifteenth years, and fifteen (15) days for each year after the fifteenth.
Employees will receive their vacation on their first day of work their first year and on July 1st thereafter. Any vacation time not taken by the end of that fiscal year will be lost.
When an employee leaves the College, she/he may be paid for vacation time which she/he has been allocated but has not taken. Employees will not receive more time than they are able to take within the fiscal year at the time of his or her separation from the College.
It is the responsibility of the following administrators to designate a person in their area to maintain vacation records for their employees:
- Executive Vice President
- Vice President of Institutional Advancement
- Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Vice President for Enrollment
- Associate Vice President for Information Technology
- Director of Dining and Hospitality Services
- Associate Vice President of Facilities Operations
- Director of Library
- Director of Human Resources
Revised 10/2008 - Cabinet approved