Matching Gift Program
Matching gifts are an easy way to add value to your donation.
Many corporations sponsor matching gift programs to benefit employee contributions made to institutions of higher education. Some companies will even match the donations made by spouses and/or retirees. Additionally, matched gifts are included in your ranking in Albion giving societies.
Does my company match gifts? Can I obtain a second match from my spouse's company?
Use our Matching Gift Company Lookup tool to find out if your company, your spouse's company, the company that you are retired from, or the company whose board you may serve on has a matching gift program.
How do I get my gift matched?
If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your human resources department or check to see if it is available from your employer's Web site via the link above. Send the completed and signed form with your gift to the address below. We do the rest!
Office of Annual Giving
611 E. Porter Street
Albion, MI 49224
If you have a question about this or any other aspect of matching gifts, please contact Advancement Services online or by phone at 517/629-0347.
Matching your gift will help Albion College provide excellent opportunities for all students.
Thank you for investing in the future of the College!
Checklist for Grant Recipients
Once you are awarded a grant, no matter how small, please do the following:
- Submit copies of all paperwork received from the grant maker to the grants coordinator in the Development Office. This includes official notification of acceptance, financial forms, and signature pages.
- Follow all instructions received from the grant maker.
- List report deadlines on your calendar.
- Contact the Business Office to discuss procedures and set up financial accounts for the new project.
- Work closely with Business Office personnel to facilitate financial transactions especially with government grant makers.
- Keep receipts, enter expenditures in a spreadsheet, and cross check with business office accounting on a regular basis.
- See also:
Government Grants Administration Procedures
Non-government Grants Administration Procedures
- Contact the grants coordinator regarding grant maker approval of any necessary project revisions.
- Complete all narrative and financial reports and submit on a timely basis as required by grantor. File copies with the grants coordinator in the Development Office.