Academic Programs

Frequently Asked Questions

If I am going off-campus in the fall, do I register for a permit now for spring semester?
Yes. Be sure to choose the "Spring Semester" option on the registration form. You will not be assigned a parking spot or charged for the permit until after fall semester.

Do I have to register for a permit if I am living in Munger or an annex?
Yes. Permits are required for these areas as well. Campus Safety will assign all available annex parking spots to residents who apply; however, annex residents are only guaranteed a parking spot near their residence if they register for a permit by the May 5 deadline.

Do I have to pick a parking lot or zone?
No. We work closely with the office of Residential Life to assign students parking spaces based on the building that they will be living in next year.

What if I'm not sure whether I am going to bring a car back?
You should still register. If you elect not to bring a car next semester, you can cancel your registration without being charged for a permit as long as you do so by September 1.

What if I don't know what kind of car I'm going to bring?
You should still register now. We will contact you later to obtain your vehicle information.

When will I find out where I am assigned to park?
We will e-mail this information to you in August before the semester starts.

Policies and Forms (2)


The Statement of Relationship is the fundamental guiding document used in working with our fraternities and sororities. The purpose of the Statement of Relationship is to define the expectations that exist between the College and the social Greek-letter chapters affiliated with the College. The Statement of Relationship serves as a working document from which to update the understanding of this important relationship. Included in this document is an Appendix which outlines those policies related to the College and its social Greek-letter chapters.

 Statement of Relationship


Grade Release Forms:

PNM Grade Release
Active Member Grade Release

Fraternity Housing Forms:

Fraternity Exterior Door Form
Fraternity Board Transfer Form

Event Planning Forms:

On Campus Registration

Off Campus Registration
Travel Forms

Budget Forms

Greek Budget Request Packet
Check Request
Mileage Check Request
Line Item Change Request
Request for Variance
SAF Guidelines


Sally J. Walker
Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students and
Director for Anna Howard Shaw Women's Center
Phone: 517/629-0226

Jennifer Schreer
Associate Director of the Ann Howard Shaw Women's Center
Phone: 517-629-0433


Apply for a RA position

Page 1 of 6

Dear Resident Assistant Applicant:

Thank you for applying for a Residential Life staff position at Albion College. The Resident Assistant (RA) is primarily responsible for creating a community within the residence halls that contributes to the social, educational, and developmental growth of students. The RA position offers many rewards, including personal growth and leadership development. It is also a role that requires substantial amounts of time and reordering of personal priorities. Of utmost importance is the need for each RA to act as a role model for their floor community and the campus community.

The minimum qualifications for the RA position are:

  • Current, full-time residential student of Albion College
  • Two semesters of college experience upon taking the position
  • A 2.50 minimum cumulative GPA
  • Good social and academic standing with the College
  • Ability to commit to RA position for a full academic year
  • Participate in all RA training programs
  • Fulfill specific RA position responsibilities

RA Application

Please enter your first name.
Please enter your last name.
Please enter your Student ID number.
Please enter your hall and room number.
Please enter your most recent RA.
Please enter your KC Box number.
Please enter you cell phone number.

Please choose your class standing.
Please enter your GPA.
Please enter your anticipated graduation date.
Please enter your Major and Minor.

Please indicate any participation.
Please choose one.
If yes, please explain.

Recommendation Forms

One way that Residential Life likes to get to know students is to see how they are in other aspects of their life. We do this through the recommendation form.

Residential Life will be contacting the people you put down for the Recommendation Form. They will be emailed the information they need. Please let them know that you are putting them down ahead of time. We do not need formal Letters of Recommendation from them.

There are 2 recommendation forms required. One from each of the following:

  • Resident Assistant or Resident Director
  • Faculty or Staff
Please enter the name of the RA/RD who will complete the recommendation form.
Please enter their email address.
Please enter the name of the faculty or staff that will complete a recommendation form.
Please enter the email of recommending faculty or staff.

Release of Information, Resident Assistant Job Responsibility Notification, and Waiver of Rights

You must agree to this statement to continue.

Statement of Interest/Cover Letter

Applicants are required to submit a Statement of Interest/Cover Letter. The Statement of Interest/Cover Letter should address:

  • Why you are interested in the RA position
  • How has your personal growth been impacted by living in the residence halls?
  • Describe the role of the RA within a residence hall community as your see it.
  • Your top preference for placement and why you believe your strengths/expertise will be best utilized there.
Invalid Input


Applicants are required to submit a resume. This resume should highlight skills and interests relevant to the Resident Assistant position, as well as work and volunteer history and current clubs, organizations, and extracurricular activities. Your resume should include:

  • Employment Experience
  • Community/Volunteer Experience
  • Leadership Experience
  • Other extra-curricular involvement

This should be a polished resume. For help in writing a cover letter and/or resume please make an appointment at the Career and Internship Center or the Writing Center.

Invalid Input

More Articles ...