15 Steps to Financial Success
Complete the FAFSA
We recommend everyone complete the FAFSA. Entering students by February 15, current students by May 1.
Review your financial aid award
We’ll send new students financial aid notifications beginning in mid-March. Current students will be emailed their notice beginning in mid-May.
Develop your Albion Financing Plan
Work with your admission or financial services counselor to explore your options and develop a plan to cover all of your college costs.
Visit your ACIS account to see what resources are available to you.
- Use the username and password provided in your award notification to log into ACIS.
- Review and accept the Terms and Conditions of your scholarship.
- Accept Your Awards
Review the Student Requirements in ACIS to ensure your file is complete
- Recommended deadline is June 15th
Write Your Scholarship Thank You Note
- In ACIS click on the name of your scholarship to get information on your donor and instructions on how to write your letter.
- 7 Complete Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- 8 Complete Direct Loan Counseling
- 9 Complete Perkins Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note
Find a Job
- Work-study/Albion Work positions are available at http://www.albion.edu/hr/student-employment
- Complete the required paperwork before beginning employment.
- 11 Authorize Access
Check Your Bill
- Your bill will be emailed to you at the beginning of each month starting in July. You are responsible for reviewing it and paying the balance owed.
Consider a PLUS or alternative loan
- If you need additional resources to help cover your bill consider a PLUS or alternative loans
Request a refund
- 15 Read your email