If you're looking for a wild way to celebrate your child's birthday this year, look no further than the Whitehouse Nature Center!
All parties include an hourlong program with a trained naturalist that includes games, a hike, guest goody bags, and a live animal presentation, as well as access to our interpretive center (home to more than a dozen live animals) for self-provided cake and presents.
Contact David Green at 517/629-0582 to discuss program fees and to schedule a party today!
Choose from one of our pre-created parties or tell us your child's interests and we'll create a personalized program!
Tails and Scales (Reptiles)
Millions of years ago dinosaurs inhabited the earth, and now you can meet some of their modern relatives up close and personal! Your guests will learn all about these fascinating reptiles and even get the chance to touch a live snake!
Your birthday guests will love using nets, jars, and magnifying glasses to discover who lives in the Kalamazoo River! Insects, minnows, frogs, and crayfish all call this river home. After exploring, your guests will meet several native species up close.
Insects and Butterflies
Does your birthday child love all things "creepy" and crawly? Celebrate his or her birthday by checking out a real beehive and mealworm colony! Go exploring for native insects and butterflies and then meet some animals up close that call these insects "lunch."
Learn about what it was like living as a pioneer in Michigan, make sustainable crafts such as pioneer "lightbulb" candles, and meet some of the creatures that pioneers were likely to encounter face to face!
Birthday Guidelines to Keep in Mind:
- Maximum per party is 20 children plus chaperones.
- Have kids wear secure name tags for the duration of their visit as well as clothing that is appropriate for the weather.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the staff may have to change the party format.
- Please provide your own food, cake, and decorations. Getting here an hour early to set up is a great idea.
- Come ready to have fun and learn about the natural world!