Athletic Hall of Fame
The purpose of the Albion College Athletic Hall of Fame is to recognize those individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the achievements and prestige of Albion College in the field of athletics. Men and women are honored either by virtue of their performance on athletic teams representing the College, or by meritorious efforts in years after graduation. An athlete must have earned two letters in one sport or one letter in three or more sports.
The 2014 Individual Honorees
- Chris Barnett, ‘97
- Jason Beglin, ‘97
- John Bennink, ‘02
- Timothy Czarnecki, ‘00
- Paul Holdren, ‘74
- J. Matthew Lowman, ‘97
- Nicholas E. Morgan, ‘04
- Virgil Petty, ‘99
- Chris Schuurman, ‘94
- Katherine Waters Sobolewski, ‘00
The 2014 Team Honorees
A ceremony honoring the recipients will be held on Friday, October 3, at 6 p.m. in Baldwin Hall. The event, part of Albion College Homecoming 2014 festivities, is open to the public. Tickets for the ceremony can be purchased as part of Homecoming online registration, or contact the Office of Alumni Engagement: 517/629-0448,
The College's athletics website, GoBrits.com, has a full list of past honorees.
Hall of Fame Questionnaire
Hall of Fame Nomination Form
Albion College's Hall of Fame honors individuals who made exceptional contributions to the field of athletics, either as students or as alumni. Plaques honoring these inductees are on display in the main hallway of the Dow Recreation and Wellness Center. Any Albion alumnus/a may submit names of candidates for consideration by the selection committee. Simply review the criteria and complete the nomination form. All nominations must be received no later than April 1. If you need information about past Hall of Fame inductees or the selection process, please contact Elinor Marsh, Executive Director of Alumni Engagement at 517/629-0448 or
- The nominee, if an athlete, must have been out of Albion College at least 10 years.
- The nominee, if an athlete, must have earned two letters in one sports or one letter in three or more sports.
- The nominee does not necessarily have to be a graduate of Albion, but must have been a former student.
Coach/athletic administrator/athletic trainer/student manager
- The nominee in cases of coaches, athletic administrators or others need not necessarily have been a former student, but must have served the College for at least 10 years. Student managers must have been a student at Albion College and served all four years.
- The nominee can be selected immediately after leaving the institution or immediately after retirement. The student managers must wait 10 years.
- The team must have won an MIAA Championship.
- The team would be eligible 10 years after competition.
Class of 2009
Saturday, October 4, 2014
10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Tailgate, Ferguson Parking Lot
611 E. Porter St.
Albion, MI 49224
Registration has been closed. You can register on-site at the Kellogg Center.
Join us in the Ferguson Parking Lot for Food, Drinks, Games, and more!
Reunion Chairs: Laura Snearly Elliott and Baily Wyant
If you have any questions, or would like to join your Class Reunion committee, please contact the Office of Alumni Engagement at 517/629-0448 or