- Communication Studies
- Los Angeles, Calif.
- Pursuing an acting career
- In a nutshell, what do you do?
- I act by day and bartend by night. Most days are filled with auditions, acting classes/workshops, and/or acting gigs that I was fortunate enough to book.
- What are you working on right now?
- I just wrapped production on an independent feature film titled American Messenger in which I play the role of a surfer. It is one of four films I’ve been very fortunate to be a part of this past year. I also achieved my big goal this year, which was to gain eligibility to join the actors union, SAG. This accomplishment was the result of a SAG web series in which I booked a supporting role.
- Why do you love what you do?
- I wake up every morning, look out the window, and see a world of infinite possibility. I have no idea what direction my career will take me, but I’m pursuing my dream. I get to fulfill the fire that burns inside my heart every day; I’ve never felt anything as satisfying.
- How did Albion help you get there?
- Albion helped to lay the foundation for the person I am today. At Albion, I was given all the tools I needed to take the plunge into the 'real world' with confidence. I took great classes, made amazing friends, and learned invaluable life lessons in my four years at Ablion College.
- For me, Albion...
- ...was instrumental in my decision to pursue my dream career. Albion’s liberal arts education allowed me to spread my wings and discover my true passion.
- Anything else you'd like to add?
- As far as choosing a major, I know the task can be daunting. Find what it is that makes you tick, and pursue it. If you can make a living doing what you love, you never work a day in your life. ... Looking back at all the work I've been able to do, all the great people I've met, and all the growth I've made as an actor in my first year in L.A., it almost feels surreal. This is everything I'd hoped for, and now it's my reality.
Take It Further: David's IMDB profile, Communication Studies, Theatre
More Success Stories