- Studio Art with a minor in Art History
- Ithaca, N.Y.
- Conservation Technician at Cornell University
- In a nutshell, what do you do?
- I repair and preserve old books and documents.
- Why do you love what you do?
- I love working with my hands, making things and fixing things. It is so satisfying to take a crumbly old book or a torn-up map and know I am saving it from imminent demise. I love seeing the difference after I’ve treated something.
- How did Albion help you get there?
- I’ve always loved making things, but working with the Albion Art Department I was able to explore all the different aspects of creating things from drawing and painting to sculpture and photography to bookbinding. I use my experience in all of these things to do what I do now.
- For me, Albion...
- ... gave me the experience and encouragement to discover, pursue, and be successful in an unlikely profession that I absolutely love.
- Anything else you'd like to add?
- Even now, eight years after I graduated, I still feel supported and encouraged by everyone in the AC art department. I can always turn to them for guidance or encouragement. Without that I don’t know if I would have been able to get where I am now.
Take It Further: Art and Art History
More Success Stories