- Economics and Management (emphasis in Accounting); minor in Communication Studies; member, Carl A. Gerstacker Institute for Business and Management
- Bloomington, IN
- MBA Candidate - Class of 2017 at Indiana University Kelley School of Business
- In a nutshell, what do you do?
- I am currently pursuing my MBA degree with a double major in Marketing and Management. I am hoping to take my CPA / accounting experience and the analytical skills developed along with my passion for people and how we, as consumers, make decisions on a daily basis and transition them into a career in Marketing / Brand Management for a company in the health, wellness, fitness, and/or nutrition space.
- Why do you love what you do?
- I have always had a passion for school and for learning and the environment that comes with it. I am incredibly excited to be making the next move in my career in a slightly different direction than I was going in before.
- How did Albion help you get there?
- Albion helped me to get my first internships with Ernst & Young (EY) and Dow Corning; which led me to my first full-time job at EY. While I was at EY I was able to complete my CPA and build a very wide network in the accounting/finance profession. Thanks to my networks from Albion and EY, and my experiences at both, I was able to find my previous role at Inteva Products as a Financial Analyst. All of these experiences and networks together helped me to become a confident MBA candidate as I was looking to apply to different schools. Without the the confidence that Albion helped me to develop from the start of my career, along with the strong support group through my peers, faculty, and staff I wouldn't be where I am today, at one of the best MBA programs in the country! Go Hoosiers!!
- For me, Albion…
- …was the best decision I have ever made! I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I am so grateful for all of my experiences that I had there and all of the wonderful people that I met there!
- Anything else you'd like to add?
- Of course, go Brits!
Take It Further: Economics and Management, Gerstacker Institute, Communication Studies
More Success Stories