Education Benefits (See - Tuition Remission)
All full time employees
An employee who is regularly scheduled to work more than 20 hours per week, shall after completion of 90 days of continuous employment at the College, be permitted to enroll in classes at the college with full tuition being paid by the college during the fall and spring semesters, but without any reduction of course fees, under the following conditions:
- The employee may take no more than one class per semester on a space-available basis.
- The employee must meet the course prerequisites to enter the class.
- The employee must receive the approval of his/her supervisor, and if class is attended during normal working hours, the employee must make up the time with proper documentation maintained by his/her supervisor.
- If the employee is a degree-seeking candidate, he/she shall at all times demonstrate satisfactory progress toward the completion of his/her degree. An employee without a minimum of a BA degree must apply within eight units of course work if he/she is going to be a degree-seeking student.
- The employee must continue to be a full time employee of the college to qualify for this benefit.
An employee who is interested in tuition remission should first meet with a representative from the Albion College Admissions Office. Once accepted/approved by the Admissions Office for class attendance (audit or degree-seeking), the employee should then submit a written request, along with a letter of authorization for his/her immediate supervisor, to the Vice President for Finance and Management requesting tuition remission for the approved class.
Admin.Council approved/effective 7/1/00