Albion College is committed to provide current Albion College students (defined as a degree seeking student enrolled in courses for the upcoming fall semester, or enrolled in for the current summer term) with summer employment opportunities, so long as they are fully qualified for the position, prior to hiring from outside the College community. Summer employment period is defined as the Sunday following Commencement in May through the Thursday prior to the start of classes in August.
- Any individual, department or office interested in hiring temporary summer help must post their position with Human Resources. This posting must include a general position description including required qualifications and/or certification, if applicable (e.g., life guards) and the anticipated number of positions or weekly hours available. An email address to receive applications should also be submitted. Please note: this address will not be listed in the posting unless contact information is provided as part of the position listing. If needed, Human Resources will prepare a listing to be posted on the College Web site for your specific position as well as a General Summer Employment position listing. Once all summer positions have been filled no additional applications will be accepted.
- Applications received for the General Summer Employment position will be distributed to departments as requested.
- To get preferred consideration, Albion College students must apply for the position prior to March 20. After April 1 applicants from outside the College community may be considered.
- Under no circumstance should a position be held until after the April 1 date in order to hire non-students over Albion College students.
- If a current student employee is to continue employment into the summer employment period, please make sure you are following the necessary payroll and hiring authorization procedures (appropriate tax withholding and employment eligibility verification PRIOR to allowing the student to begin working and entry into the online time clock system).
Cabinet Reviewed 2/2010